The Madden Game League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rules.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Rules. Empty The Rules. Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Admin

Admin

Content Information

1.|| Game Scheduling
2.||Contact Policy
3.||Division Executives (DE)
4.|| Suspension and Expulsion Policies
5.|| Gameplay Rules
5.1| Position Changes
5.2| Offense
5.3| Defense
6.|| Trading
7.|| Free Agency

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.Game Scheduling
All Madden
8 minute quarters
15 second run off.
Injury: On
Weather: On
We will advance twice a week.
--Wednesday 12:01 AM EST - Saturday 11:59 PM EST
--Sunday 12:01 AM EST - Tuesday 11:59 PM EST

2.||Contact Policy
~~Consistent game scheduling is vital to the success of a franchise. Therefore, it is required that all Team Owners schedule their games with their opponent on the public forum every league week. To ensure that this will occur, I will send out messages via cell phone, Xbox Live and via our forum site.
~~I will require your cell phone number. I do realize that giving out your cell number to a total stranger might be weird. But that’ too bad. I don’t care enough to bother you more than I have too. My job is to make sure this league runs smoothly. After that, I could not care less.
--Going to the forum site regularly is not optional. The less you interact with your peers on the site, the less lenient I will be with you when issues come up.
--As for Xbox Live, you will need to add me as a friend. My gamer tag is: SirByronDaFlowr.

3||Division Executives
--Each division will have a Division Executive. A DE (Division Executive) will be responsible for keeping track of the owners in their division. If you have a complaint with a player, you must go to that owner’s DE to submit a complaint. That DE will have the power to suspend or expel players after two separate in-game complaints. If you have a complaint against you, the DE will be responsible for notifying you.
--If you have a problem with your current DE or a decision that he has made, you may go appeal to your Conference Executive, which will be in place for the NFC and AFC. They will be in charge of coordinating the four DE’s in their conference. Conference Executives will do the “hiring” and “firing” of DE’s.
----I reserve the right to overrule any decision if I see fit. You are welcome to message me anytime with any conflicts.
4.|| Suspension and Expulsion Policies
Suspensions:
There are two types of suspensions
--Player Suspension: If you receive a player suspension, you will lose one of your top players. Your Division Executive will be in charge of choosing which one. This is a normal punishment for a minor or first time offense
--Owner Suspension: This when you are kicked from the league for one week. This is the punishment for if you do not scheduled your game (See Chapter B Section iv). You will be re-invited at the start of the following week. The idea behind this is supposed to be a guaranteed loss as your team will be controlled by the CPU vs. a team controlled by a User.
Expulsions:
Two complaints or one complaint with video content that depicts obvious and unforgivable glitch abusing can justify a expulsion from the league, depending on the severity. A panel will decide on appropriate action. You may appeal their decision by going to either myself, or your appropriate Conference Executive.

5.||Gameplay Rules
5.1| POSITION CHANGES
-------OLB can play DE. (Only in a 4-3 defense though)
-------LBs can play LB position
-------DBs can play any DB position.
-------Offensive linemen can play an offensive linemen spot.
-------Strong safeties cannot play OLB.
-------HB's cannot play WR
--------------Packages allowing these changes are also NOT allowed. It makes no sense to forbid something, but then allow a loophole.

5.2| OFFENSE
--4th Down Conversions
You are only allowed to line up for a 4th down conversion in an offensive formation if you are in the 4th quarter, and you are down.
-------Exceptions: (To be qualified for an exception, you MUST fit each one of the criteria. Otherwise, you are breaking the rule and will be suspended.)
-------(4 Criteria) You are allowed to go for it if 1.) you are up by less than three, 2.) there is less than 3 minutes to go in the game, 3.) you are on your opponents side of the field, and 4.) the first down is less than 3 yards away.
------- (3 Criteria) You may go for it if 1.) you are between your opponents 45 yard line and opponents 35 yard line, 2.) there is 4 or less yards to go, and 3.) you are not up by more than 10 points
------- (1 Criteria) You may go for it in any circumstance if 1.) you are in your opponents 5 yard line.
------- (2 Criteria) You are allowed to do 1.) a fake punt or field goal once per game at any point in the game, but 2.) you need to be at least to your 40 yard line.
--QB Sneaks
A QB sneak can only be used once per game due because of a glitch that almost guarantees yardage. We didn't want to take it out completely because it is a play that many teams go to in short yardage situations. However, a QB sneak (on average) is used slightly less that once per game so this rule actually provides a sim atmosphere. If the QB does run for huge yardage, that is not considered glitching, but only because it can only be used once per game. I suggest pinching your line to prevent any large QB gains.
--Hurry Up Offense
You may only call for a Hurry Up Offense for an entire drive twice per half.
--Quarterback Play
Users should use discretion when rolling out with a QB. Unrealistic and constant extensive roll-outs are forbidden. An “unrealistic roll-out” would be considered when the QB rolls-out further then 10 yards across the field. The only exception to this rule is unless if the intention is to throw the ball away.
“Rocket Passes” are forbidden.
--Play Calling
Your playbook needs to consist of more than just shotgun plays or running out of the same formation. Yes, we all know the computer makes mistakes and some plays consistently get open. You’re not fucking Einstein because you were able to figure that out all by yourself. Use the entire playbook. If you are only using “guaranteed money plays” then you obviously do not understand our meaning of sim and you will quickly find yourself out of our league.
--The LTO Rule
No RBs at WR.
--Pass to Run Ratio
--You need to run the run ball twice per quarter.

--Slant Out
--Rule Pending.

--Playcalling
You may only call a particular play call once per drive. This goes for all plays, including audibles. If necessary, if you are forced to call an audible into a play you have already used, then you may hot route out of it, but this requires at least three hot routes to be used to change the play. Two of the three hot routes must change the routes of receivers, one of which must be a wide receiver. HOWEVER, this should only be used in an emergency and should not be used as a frequent "loophole." Plays like "Slants" which is seen in almost any formation, maybe used three times in a drive but each time out of a different formation.

5.3| DEFENSE
--Nano Blitzing
--Strictly forbidden. Any play that regularly creates a sack for the defense within 2-3 seconds is an obvious glitch within the game. Placing a LB in between the guard and center is the most common, but not the only “nano blitz”.
--Defensive Line
--Defensive linemen do not regularly drop into coverage. Therefore, to constantly drop defensive lineman into coverage is considered unsim. There must always be at least 2 people rushing the QB on any given play.
--Defensive linemen cannot be moved around except through the generic “Shift line” (right, left, or pinch). Moving one player outside of where the computer would line them up (in regular defensive plays as well as field goal formations) can cause the offensive line’s AI to falter, creating an unfair advantage for the defense. Therefore, doing this is strictly forbidden.
--Linebackers
--Linebackers can be moved to any location. However, once moved, the player must start the play being the player he moved.
--Defensive Backs
Defensive backs can be moved to any location. However, once moved, the player must start the play being the player he moved.
--1-5-5
Unlike offense, specific defensive plays can be used repeatedly. Its the defense’s job to read and react to the offense, so if one defense is sufficiently stopping an offense, there is no real need to change it. However, the 1-5-5 defense is a package that generates constant pressure, while also successfully containing the run due to the fact that linebacker’s blitzing stats (speed, finesse, power, block shed) are very high when compared to defensive linemen stats. Currently, Von Millers (79, rookie OLB) stats are better then Elvis Dummervil (91, proven veteran DE) stats despite the obvious problems with that. Therefore, the 1-5-5 package should be used no more than twice a drive and never back to back.
~No exceptions. (Despite how much I want there to be exceptions, I realize that it cannot be allowed because one exception would open to many problems, such as: there would need to be a list of players that are allowed, then people would have to follow the list and know the numbers of the players who are on the opposing team.

6||Trading
--The Trade Deadline will be Week 6. Therefore, all trades must be concluded before advancement to week 7.
--Free agency players, as well as players received via trade cannot be re-traded until the season is over.
--New members of MGL are allowed to take part in two trades between Weeks 1-4. They get an additional trade in Week 5. This is to avoid the dismemberment of any teams roster. This ensures that said team is as intact as possible, if the owner decides to drop out of the league mid-season.
--There is no limit for the amount of trades in application to veteran players, as they are “proven commodities.” (A veteran player is any player that took part in the original MGL in Madden 11 or has completed a season in the MGL.)
-- The limit for players involved in one particular trade is three players from each party, and only three teams can be involved in one trade.
6.a) MGL: All teams have captain players which cannot be traded. One offense (captains cannot be offensive linemen, or over 35 years old. A captain title is revoked if the player turns 35 in the season or off-season.), one defense, and one wild card (which can be either offense or defense, but not special teams.).
6.b) MG$L: The first three picks of the draft are untradeable for the first season. After the first season, one of the captains maybe switched out.
7.) FOR MG$L ONLY: No draft picks can be traded in the first season.

6||Free Agency

1.) The maximum contract you can sign a player to is 3 years.
2.) You cannot trade a free agent you picked up until the follow season.
3.) You can only pick up two FA each week of the season.

https://themaddengame.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum