The Madden Game League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Falcons cheesing their way to the Division game

+5
YourMom
Nor30man
Admin
Tehkorr
Gilles Duceppe
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gilles Duceppe

MGL Vet

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101009433

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101009302

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101009313

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101009094

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101008995

I sadly can't upload more than 5. But I got 4 others waiting... 5 other attemps failed for incompletions.

(Streaks every play)

Basically he began being down by a lot, then he just threw streaks every play. 14 in total. He spaced them with 1 PA that got sacked and a draw.

''Play Calling
Your playbook needs to consist of more than just shotgun plays or running out of the same formation. Yes, we all know the computer makes mistakes and some plays consistently get open. You’re not fucking Einstein because you were able to figure that out all by yourself. Use the entire playbook. If you are only using “guaranteed money plays” then you obviously do not understand our meaning of sim and you will quickly find yourself out of our league.

--Playcalling
You may only call a particular play call once per drive. This goes for all plays, including audibles. If necessary, if you are forced to call an audible into a play you have already used, then you may hot route out of it, but this requires at least three hot routes to be used to change the play. Two of the three hot routes must change the routes of receivers, one of which must be a wide receiver. HOWEVER, this should only be used in an emergency and should not be used as a frequent "loophole." Plays like "Slants" which is seen in almost any formation, maybe used three times in a drive but each time out of a different formation''

Tehkorr

Tehkorr

Dude I watched the whole game as it was played on my xbox. There was hell of mysterious lag EVERY time Falcons dropped back to pass. I have only lagged that bad against Nate ever, and I'm not blaming Nate for that because it was the whole game for both sides. You consistently would send your tight end on a outside slant or out route and then roll out with Cam Newton to that side. I believe that falls under the call the same play once per drive even if you audibled into it. I also seem to remember a lot of rolling Newton left and then throwing right. I have NEVER seen ANY NFL team use roll outs as much as you did. Everyone in this league can attest to the fact that I RARELY bash on anyone, also evidenced by my posts in the forums. I hate bashing on anyone, but the way you played last night and then bitched and fucking moaned like a sore ass loser who isn't used to dropping a game is pathetic. Stop acting so damn butthurt dude and get over it, you refused to cover the deep ball and he took advantage of it.

Gilles Duceppe

MGL Vet

Mysterious Lag? I have some magic device who can make people lag? C'mon now.

It's standard P2P. If I lag you lag. Vice, versa. I lagged a whole lot on offense but didn't complain.

I played 2 man under, can't do much more than double team him.

As for the ''Constantly slanting out'' on Greg Olsen, Olsen has something like 3-4 catches for 50 something yards (might not be even, EA doesn't let me see the game., and you have absolutely no evidence.

Not only did you call me out on something that didn't happen, you call me out on things I can't control (Lag), and then give an excuse for cheesing the fuck outta me (Deep coverage).

Wow.

Admin

Admin

In your videos, I didn't see an abuse of user catching. I also don't see an issue with rules that you sited. Coming out in shotgun when down down by a lot in the third isn't unusual. Streaks isn't really a money play either. Lastly, I didn't see the same play used in the same drive since all the videos you showed me were TDs or ended up inside the redzone, aside from the last play. If you show me a situation where he used it back to back, then I can apply that rule.

I am not exactly sure what you want me to say here Gilles. As I said, streaks isn't exactly a difficult route to stop but the WRs for the Falcons are very difficult to stop. But that seems to me more like a personal mismatch then cheesing the system. As the Falcons were down for most of this game, like you said, they went deep and just had a lot of success with it. Captain Munnerly isn't exactly what you would call a shut down DB.

The only thing I see as a problem is the "slant out" route, which is something that will be banned in the second season of MGL. (More on this in the podcast.) But I am not a big believer in ex post facto laws, so at the time this was committed, it was not wrong.

https://themaddengame.forumotion.com

Gilles Duceppe

MGL Vet

Admin wrote: I also don't see an issue with rules that you sited. Coming out in shotgun when down down by a lot in the third isn't unusual.

14 times in a row? Really? He kept doing it until he was up. That's the problem. Plays 4 and 5 are both in a row, and as I told, I captured 4 more + 5 incompletions.

The arguement about streaks = mismatch is a bit weird. I mean, If I have Santonio Holmes on a slow DB, i can slant every down because it's mismatch?

Gilles Duceppe

MGL Vet

Here's an upload of two plays in a row. Same routes exept the drag route guy is on the right instead of the left:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101044902

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101044979

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101062451

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101061916

I get lost a bit cause there's so much.

Probably added the same two times. I'l fix that later.

Last edited by Gilles Duceppe on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Admin

Gilles, your above post does not make any sense. The first video shows that the score is 6 - 21. The second video shows the score is 0 - 21. It is impossible for these two plays to have occurred on the same drive.

2nd, I am pretty sure that the might not even be the same play the more that I look at it. It appears that the first play action is a streaks call with one WR doing a drag, as the TE is doing a deep crossing pattern. In the second video, it appears the TE is doing a drag route, the WR is doing a post pattern, and the far left receiver is doing a deep in route.

As for your "slant" question, if you have a slow CB on the outside and keeps getting burned, I am not sure what you want me to do? That is a mismatch for sure which players game plan for. In that circumstance, the defense of player has to use his pieces according, possibly cover two zone, or press the receiver. I know Holmes does not have good release, so a slow press corner might be able to neutralize that speed, and then have a safety over top to help. Now if your opponent keeps doing the SAME play again and again, in the course of one drive, that is unfair and is just boring.

Again, I don't see that is as the case in this circumstance. Your opponent had a skill, size and speed mismatch with his WRs against your DBs and they simply got beat down the field. If I were to disallow this, then I would also have to say Jamaal Charles can't run to the outside after he has broken 1 or 2 big gains, OR Nnamdi can't press your receiver after successfully jamming your receivers on the line 3 times, or Jake Long has pancaked too many players in the run game on one drive, he has to be subbed out.

Would this happen in a real life game? Probably not, but my hands are tied here. The game sadly has flaws in it. My rules can ONLY go so far. Next time, I would suggest trying to jam his receivers at the line, call blitzes, and force him to throw short routes rather than giving him the time to throw a deep route.

Gilles Duceppe

MGL Vet

Check the time.

It's 6-21 cause he just scored a TD. -_-.

It's the same play except the TE and WR switch routes. Your rules are written black on white. Apply them, or don't write them.

Nor30man

Nor30man

Admin wrote:
The only thing I see as a problem is the "slant out" route, which is something that will be banned in the second season of MGL. (More on this in the podcast.) But I am not a big believer in ex post facto laws, so at the time this was committed, it was not wrong.

Ya the guy does get off the line fast but it can be stopped. Zone or press coverage. "which is something that will be banned in the second season of MGL" LOL okay man. This literally can be called "I can't beat the Giants so I will make up a rule" I’m sorry I don't mean to dog you or anything. I just feel targeted.
I will follow the rules no problem but I can point out unsim or chessy shit all the time. Like you running the ball 3 times the entire game the first time we played this season. Rule book says run it 3 times every quarter.
Or when i played the Jets. He ran the hurry up offense down like only 7 and ran the same play 3 times in a row. Counter-Run. It just felt like a ranked game..

sorry I had a bad day at work. Saw this and just spoke my mind.

YourMom

i like how one of the plays was with 3 seconds left in the half...fail

Admin

Admin

Oh shit Norman, that was nasty. I actually had decide this prior to our game because of complaints I have received from multiple players. I also asked Vexx in the podcast how "sim" a "slant out" route is in the podcast as he is collegiate player because I have never seen one in my entire life. I have checked multiple playbooks and not a single one has a "slant out" route in it base formation. Its only a route one can get to if you hot route into it.

Its a glitchy route and there is no denying it but you can take this as a personal offense if you want, but I only recall you doing it twice in our game so I don't think you would have lost to me if you weren't using this route.

Nor30man

Nor30man

Admin wrote:Oh shit Norman, that was nasty. I actually had decide this prior to our game because of complaints I have received from multiple players. I also asked Vexx in the podcast how "sim" a "slant out" route is in the podcast as he is collegiate player because I have never seen one in my entire life. I have checked multiple playbooks and not a single one has a "slant out" route in it base formation. Its only a route one can get to if you hot route into it.

Its a glitchy route and there is no denying it but you can take this as a personal offense if you want, but I only recall you doing it twice in our game so I don't think you would have lost to me if you weren't using this route.

Ya, I do agree that it isn't in any playbooks. never really thought of that so i agree. my bad. your the best commish ever! lol
i just remember doing it and getting a message so i thought it was directed at me.

hotshotnate2

hotshotnate2
MGL Vet

There are a few slant outs just in the Bronco's playbook alone... How hard did you look for a slant out?

Gilles Duceppe

MGL Vet

hotshotnate2 wrote:There are a few slant outs just in the Bronco's playbook alone... How hard did you look for a slant out?

I found it happened quite a lot in the NFL, when either on PA, the man in front of him was playing off, or it was a tight formation.

Maybe slant out should be restricted, but not banned altogether.

NickP

There are multiple playbooks with slant outs. Bench switch is in tons of playbooks and that has slant outs if I remember correctly.

Gilles Duceppe

MGL Vet

I think, because you can't press the TE (According to Vexxum) slant out out of the line should be banned.

But banning the slant out where there is multiple solutions (Press, purple or teal zones) seems a bit overkill.

Some teams in the NFL use that play, and it's on some playbooks.

If you'd want to ban slant out, you'd have to ban every play that takes advantage of a specific scheme.

Admin

Admin

lol we just went through play book after play book in search of this so called "slant out" route. Many people are getting confused, like in the Bronco's playbook, that the slant out route and the corner route/drag out/slant hook route (where the guy runs a semi slant and then hooks it up) are the same thing. They are not.

Please test the play before asking me about it. We are talking specifically about when the receiver runs two steps and then runs to the sideline in a slant pattern causing a glitch in man AI.

Admin

Admin

Gilles Duceppe wrote:I think, because you can't press the TE (According to Vexxum) slant out out of the line should be banned.

But banning the slant out where there is multiple solutions (Press, purple or teal zones) seems a bit overkill.

If you'd want to ban slant out, you'd have to ban every play that takes advantage of a specific scheme.

Certain plays do take advantage of certain schemes, such as cover two against a deep pattern. However this route is extremely abusive as it has such a high success rate. Many of the players consider "cheesing" is because they over use this route. If one route forces a player to cut off half of his play book, then there is clearly something wrong.

I am, at the very least, going to ban hot routing this route.

Gilles Duceppe

MGL Vet

Admin wrote:
Gilles Duceppe wrote:I think, because you can't press the TE (According to Vexxum) slant out out of the line should be banned.

Certain plays do take advantage of certain schemes, such as cover two against a deep pattern. However this route is extremely abusive as it has such a high success rate. Many of the players consider "cheesing" is because they over use this route. If one route forces a player to cut off half of his play book, then there is clearly something wrong.

I am, at the very least, going to ban hot routing this route.

The only thing i've seen this route work against is non-press man. Press or zone works magic against this. Maybe it's highly succesful against off man, but so is screen against off zone etc.

Admin

Admin

First off, the screen is a completely different type of play, it is not just one route. Because the offensive linemen slide out to protect the running back, which leaves your QB unprotected. If the DE slides out to take on the running back, you are screwed. You can't just hot route into it no matter what the call. Plus, zone works extremely well against the screen, as I have seen man work well. The opponent also can user the screen, nearly stopping it every time. And QB normally doesn't have time to throw to another route because he is unprotected so the screen can been easily stopped. However, the glitch route forces the user to protect it, therefore opening holes across the defense.

As for your comment about the play only being successful against off man, it is absolutely ridiculous. Your suggesting that we should allow this one route, which means a player could just constantly use it and then force the opponent to take out all man off coverage in his playbook. Any route that has nearly 100% success rate against one or two of the coverage is obviously a glitch. Furthermore, even when in press man coverage, the tight end almost always gets free. Therefore it doesn't always work against press. No route should have that large of a success rate, and therefore, it is a glitch.

As of right now, I haven't seen a competent response yet to explain how it is not a glitchy route that does not exist naturally in the game, and why we should not get rid of it. I have all but made up my mind on this topic.

hotshotnate2

hotshotnate2
MGL Vet

"However, the glitch route forces the user to protect it, therefore opening holes across the defense."

I don't even... The way to stop it is to have a purple zone (a DE in a purple zone works like a charm). Its obvious when someone audibles so you could simply hot route the DE and rush a LB or something. Or you can user it. The thing I quoted you on makes no sense. Because you have to user it means there's a hole in the defense and its an exploit? No.

Seam routes are very effective. In zone there is almost always a gap in the zone so its just timing and ball placement. In man, throw it inside and make the user catch. Can it be stopped? Yeah. By either usering it or hoping you can lay a big hit on the guy to make him drop it. But lets say you are playing zone and usering the MLB. If you start to follow the streak guy on the inside you are abandoning the middle of the field so if there's a slant coming your way it'll be open.

Now. Is the outside slant an effective route? Yes but you shouldn't ban it. You should limit it. Lets say once per drive or once per two drives.

VeXXuM

MGL Vet

Yes but nate, like you said there are many ways to stop seams. Different zones, man can stop it. Slant outs again like you said there is only ONE way to stop it. And thats make a guy be in the purple zone. Therefore a team that is playing this route constantly can no longer play any man, they are forced to only play zones with a purple zone, and I think that puts them at a disadvantage.

Gilles Duceppe

MGL Vet

VeXXuM wrote:Yes but nate, like you said there are many ways to stop seams. Different zones, man can stop it. Slant outs again like you said there is only ONE way to stop it. And thats make a guy be in the purple zone. Therefore a team that is playing this route constantly can no longer play any man, they are forced to only play zones with a purple zone, and I think that puts them at a disadvantage.

No? If you limit it to WR's only there's press (which usually even if beat makes it troublesome to pass because the lob will give an easy INT to the help, and passing it directly will let the DB INT it). Teal zone and purple zone.

I mean. There's as much ways to stop this as there's ways to stop other things.

hotshotnate2

hotshotnate2
MGL Vet

I gave 2 ways. Purple or user. Same thing with an inside seam.

And I said limit it so its not abused. That way if they haven't used it and you hear or see the QB audibling then you could put someone in a purple just incase. Its kind of like the QB sneak. There was a way to stop it. Goalline D, pinch the line and blitz the A gap. Instead of taking it out altogether we limited it.

chicagorilla357

Im just now seeing this thread... The idea that people want this banned is poppycock... Yes i said poppycock. There is no play that i make a staple in my offense that i CANT also defend because i know if it works well for me someone else will use it too... That being said the slant out from ANY player or position can be stopped and ive done it as well as had it done to me. You can't stop it? Then you dont know how to adjust or you don't have the right personnel...
Rilla Out...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum